Exams are around the corner, and many students are wrapping up their classes preparing for the finish line. During this time, we thought it’s pretty helpful to share some tips on how to make the most out of your study time. Briefly follow these three steps to insure effective study time during this final stretch of the school year.
Customize Your Notes
Note-taking is an excellent studying method for high school and university students. It helps to retain information in an organized way. Here are a few tips to make your notes look amazing:
- Read your textbook or lecture notes
- Summarize the important information you find
- Write what you gather from the read text in your own words
- Make sure to include visuals when needed
- Engage with the materials by answering questions
- Choose between typing and writing according to your preference
Asking for help can be hard. A tutor can help!
People in general, and students in particular shy away from asking for help. They fear that their peers, and teachers will look at it as a weakness. As a matter of fact, the opposite is true. Asking for help when needed is actually a STRENGTH.
Asking for help from a tutor is the next best thing to asking your teacher in class. On one hand, a tutor is a qualified person to answer your questions, and reteach you the missed lessons. On the other hand, you don’t need to worry about peer pressure
Make a Plan
- Take notes during class, and ask any relevant questions. Remember, there is no stupid question!
- Practice on your new learned materials at home and review old material. Don’t procrastinate!
- Check your understanding by answering questions after finishing off a chapter or a unit
- Get organized, and stay on top of your assignments, tests, and due dates
- Stay positive about your learning experience. Remember all hard labour must bear its fruits!
Best of luck with your study. Don’t forget to check back for more tips on how to ace your exams!